Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) was established in the year 1986 at BG Nagar, near Sri Adichunchanagiri Kshetra with a vision of providing medical education to aspiring students from rural areas.
AIMS was inaugurated by the then Honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka, Sri Ramakrishna Hegde on 17th Jan 1986 in the holy presence of Padmabhushana Dr. Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Maha Swamiji. AIMS has evolved into a prestigious institution in the region since its inception.
The AIMS Mission
- To provide outstanding educational experiences to the students through competent facilitators and supportive infrastructure and cutting edge technology
- To provide comprehensive, cost effective, community oriented quality health care services to the society.
- To facilitate community relevant quality research studies and research training programmes to the students and faculty by providing stimulating environment that nurtures original thinking.
- To inculcate value systems and ethical principles of righteousness, honesty, integrity, dignity and professionalism among students, staff and other stakeholders enabling them to serve with social justice and equity.
- To promote creative thinking, innovative approaches and entrepreneurial skill developments among the learners to foster regional, national and global competencies.
The AIMS VisionTo be a center of excellence with emphasis on socially meaningful medical education, research and healthcare