Shri. Dattaji Meghe, the Founder and Chancellor of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University, has been active in public life for more than 40 years. He represented the people of Maharashtra in Lok Sabha for three consecutive terms and was also a member of Rajya Sabha once. He strongly believed that quality Education and Health only can bring about true transformation in the country. The “son of the soil” made a humble beginning in the fond memory of his beloved mother and started a medical college under the then Shrimati Radhikabai Meghe memorial medical trust, 30 years ago. Since then because of his vision and committed efforts the Institution has grown leaps and bounds by adding new courses and expanding its ‘state of the art’ infrastructure to the present monumental proportions.
Apart from the DMIMS(DU) under his leadership chain of CBSE schools, engineering colleges, banks, Spinning mills, IT firms were established under various sister concerns. The entire spectrum of right from KG to PG was completed under his leadership which has created new benchmarks of quality.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
This quote goes well with our young and dynamic leaders, Shri Sagar Meghe and Shri Sameer Meghe, heirs to the legacy of glorious accomplishments. With their focused expertise, far-reaching vision and strong commitment to humanity, they have led DMIMS (Deemed to be University) to new heights.
Under their great leadership, DMIMS (Deemed to be University) has inspired young generation learners to bring about innovation in the field of medicine, science and technology.
Located in Sawangi (Wardha) about 80 km from Nagpur (Maharashtra), Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed to be University) is an excellent place for pursuing academic excellence in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Ayurveda, Pharmacy, Allied Sciences, Allied Health Sciences, and Online Distance Learning.
Away from the city, this sprawling 125-acre campus is a self-sustaining complex, well-connected by road, rail, and air (via Nagpur) to all the major cities in the country.
DMIMS was granted the status of a Deemed to be University by the University Grants Commission on 24th May 2005. It has also been included in the list of Deemed to be Universities under 12 B of UGC Act, 1956.
- ‘A+’ Accreditation (Third Cycle) by ‘NAAC’ in 2017
- Category-I Deemed to be University under UGC for Categorization of Universities for Grant of Graded Autonomy Regulations 2018.
- Awarded with prestigious Dr. B.C. Roy Award for Institutional Research.
- Only Deemed University in Central India having A+ NAAC Accreditation.
- To emerge as a global centre of excellence in higher education by encompassing a quality-centric, innovative and interdisciplinary approach along with refutative research.
- To offer effective and affordable healthcare for the benefit of mankind.
- We are committed to developing competent, confident, concerned, compassionate, and globally-relevant professionals through a competency-based model of higher education.
- We shall foster a conducive milieu for interdisciplinary research practices, thereby generating consequential and meaningful outcomes for the nation in general and the region in particular.
- We shall deliver comprehensive quality healthcare services to the rural, needy, marginalized and underprivileged populace. This shall be achieved through appropriate collaborative linkages and a proactive, transparent and accountable decentralized governance system.