Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College has been established in the year 1981 by Ananda Social and Education Trust. The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college runs the MBBS program as well as post-graduate courses in many subjects that are recognized by the Medical Council of India. The hospital with 600 beds is also situated on the campus. Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Admission is done through entrance exam like NEET.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College is known to be one of the top medical colleges in the country and has been regarded as one of the best in the state of Karnataka. Located in Bengaluru, it was started in 1981 and has grown significantly over the years. At present, it offers various medical courses in different fields including undergraduate and postgraduate specializations.
- Selection of candidates to the institute is done on the basis of merit. The performance in the entrance examination is the deciding factor for admission to undergraduate courses.
- Application forms are available online on the official NEET website with separate forms for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- For undergraduate courses, candidates must have appeared for the entrance examination and have passed the 10+2 level.
- For postgraduate courses, a valid undergraduate degree is required in the relevant field.
- Reservation criteria is in accordance with the regulations of the Government of India.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College PG Admissions 2021
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College offers MD and MS at the postgraduate level under several specializations. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the All-India qualifying examination viz. NEET PG.
NEET PG is conducted by CBSE, New Delhi and is the national level standard test for admission to medical courses.
- The test is scheduled to be three and a half hours duration.
- The test consists of 300 questions that cover all relevant areas studied at the undergraduate level.
- There is no negative marking.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College Application Process
Candidates who wish to apply for UG and PG courses offered by BRAMC may do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Candidate should log on to the official NEET website and click on the registration tab.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in all required details including the exam center choices.
- Candidate should specify the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College choice in the specified area.
- The application fee can be paid via online mode i.e. debit or credit card payment.
- A printout of the confirmation page must be retained and submitted at the time of the examination.