Era Educational Trust (EET) started in 2001 by the approval of the Medical Council of India (MCI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Government of India, and received recognition in 2006. With an aim to remodel education from being a cluster of well-understood subjects to becoming well-adapted aspects and principles of life, the Era Educational Trust conceptualized Era’s Lucknow Medical College and Hospital. EET aspires to inculcate traits of honesty, compassion, courage, persistence and responsibility among students, so as to enable them to become competent doctors with good clinical knowledge as well as instill in them ethics and values by which they can treat their patients with a human touch.
ELMC&H is a leading teaching hospital for undergraduate medical training as well as postgraduate and advanced training of specialist doctors, nurses and allied health professionals. It has been recognized as one of the best in the country. Among more than 500 government and private medical colleges of India, ELMC has been ranked 25th, 28th and 30th by Outlook, The Week and India Today, respctively in 2019. It is affiliated with Era University, one of the most sought-after institue, located in the Lucknow. It is also recognized by Government of India and Medical Council of India, New Delhi and listed with the World Directories of Medical Schools, WHO/ AVICENNA and IMED/FAIMER directories. The college has been functioning as a “Centre of Excellence” in medical education, healthcare, training and research for almost two decades. Besides 150 undergraduate (MBBS) seats it also offers postgraduate degree in 19 subject (100 seats) which include General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Radiology, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy, Anaesthesiology, Psychiatry, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Ophthalmology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Community Medicine, Bio-Chemistry, Pathology, Anatomy and Physiology. Recently Fellowship / Post Doctoral Certificate Courses (PDCC) of 1 year duration were also started in various departments in order to elevate the shortage of skilled and competent man power that will benefit of the society at large.
The hospital provides care for patients, training for doctors and other healthcare professionals, and conducts research to bring better care to its patients. ELMC has a fully functional 850 bed hospital facility, equipped with sophisticated, world class diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and supported by a highly qualified and dedicated faculty. Its super specialty departments of Cardiology, Neuro-Surgery, Urology, Paediatric-Surgery, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Oncology etc. provide expert advice and treatment. Empanelled under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme, the hospital provides free OPD and IPD services with subsidized charges for tests and treatments. Trauma and Emergency services are available round the clock. There are dozen operation theatres (OT) accessible to this section, with adept medical officers assisted by a team of doctors and other ancillary staff managing this section.
- One of the best Radiology Centre in the whole of North India with state-of-the-art MRI machine, spiral CT scanner, mammography machine, High-Resolution Colour Doppler, the latest Ultrasound machine, Mobile and Fixed X-Ray machines with IITV
- ICU is equipped with a central monitoring system, ventilators, defibrillator, blood gas analyzer, piped oxygen, suction and compressed air. For critical neonates requiring extra care, the hospital has hi-tech fully equipped specialized NICU
- Neurosurgery and Trauma cases, Laparoscope Surgeries and Endoscopy performed on a routine basis.
- It received the prestigious SKOCH award for implementing and seamlessly executing the Ayushmann Bharat Scheme of the Govt of India.
- Immediate attention to medico-legal cases
- In-house biomedical waste disposal facilities including an incinerator
- Doctors residential quarters are available in the campus to facilitate immediate patient care.
- Electricity generating plant which provides round the clock power supply.