G.S.V.M. Medical College is situated in the heart of the historic and industrial city of kanpur. The city of Kanpur is embraced by our most holy river ‘Ganga’ from two sides, northwest (Kalyanpur) and northeast (Jajmau). In the British period our city was known as Cawnpore. It has a special place in Hindu mythology. It’s Bithoor area is famous from Ramayana era. Presently the Kanpur city is famous for its industrial organization and educational institutes. Our city is the economic capital of Uttar Pradesh.
This Medical college has a sprawling campus with hospital and college sections accommodated in huge buildings. The main college building looks like a huge palace and is the biggest amongst all medical colleges in U.P. The main hospital (L.L.R Hospital) along with its sister units e.g. , Chest hospital, Infectious disease hospital, Children hospital, Maternity hospital, Cancer institute and Cardiology institute, constitute the biggest patient care center in Asia.
Teaching And Administrative Block (Main Building)
(A) GROUND FLOOR
I. Principal’s chamber, administrative office and student section.
II. Central Library – It has a large collection of textbooks and reference books and subscribes to a large number of National and International journals. The library also has a textbook bank for poor students. The library opens for thirteen hours on every working day between 9:00am to 10:00 pm.It is air conditioned and equipped with internet facility.
III. Departments of Pathology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine.
IV. Blood bank
V. Auditorium – It is one of the biggest in Kanpur and has a capacity of 673 seats along with a huge stage and facility for screening films.It is now under renovation.
VI. Lecture theatres 1 and 3 – The theatres are big enough to accommodate about 300 students each. They have been made fully air conditioned, sound proof, equipped with audio visual aids and provided with a power backup.
VII. State Bank of India – Fully computerized bank with locker facility.
(B) FIRST FLOOR
- I. Departments of Pharmacology, S.P.M, Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy
- II. Central Research Station
- III. Lecture theatres no. 2 and 4.These are air conditioned and provided with power backup.
- IV. Examination hall.
(C) SECOND FLOOR
- I. Departments of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
(D) THIRD FLOOR
- I. Bone section of Anatomy department.
- I. Mortuary of Anatomy department.
- II. Central Stores.
- 1- Principal’s Bungalow- Principal
- 2- P Block- Professors
- 3- R Block- Associate Professors and Professors
- 4- L Block, Type 4- All Teachers
- 5- D Block and Type 3- Teachers, Medical Officers, Demonstrators and Senior Residents
- 6- C,T and Block 2- Class 3 staff
- 7- Type 1 Block- Class 4 Staff
Maintenance Block And Campus
- 1- Staff club
- 2- Post office
- 3- Animal house
- 4- Tennis court
- 5- Swimming pool
- 6- Sports ground
- 7- Children school
- 8- College of Nursing
- 9- Badminton hall and gymnasium
- 10- Dept. of Electricity, water supply and sewage
Our institution has a lush green eco- friendly campus with big trees and well spread gardens all over. Besides plenty of seasonal flowers, our Rose Garden is best in Kanpur having more than 150 varieties.