People’s College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
People’s College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre was established in the year 2005 and became a constituent Unit of Peoples University in 2011. The idea behind this college was to provide medical education, promote health care research activities & to develop a health care hub which will cater the genuine needs of the community. Provision of critical & ambulatory care to the poorest of poor was the humble goal. The determination to remain as a centre of excellence in health care sector is reflected in every aspect of People’s College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre.
- Permitted for a total of 49 seats in 20 subjects per year in MD/MS
- M.B.B.S (150 seats) – Degree Recognized & Approved by Govt. of India & Medical Council of India.
- ISO 9001- 2008 certified.
- The hospital has more than 904 beds including 770 teaching beds with 5 lakhs sq. ft. constructed area
- Hi-tech lecture halls, laboratories, museums and auditorium.
- Experienced and renowned faculty.
- M.P. state Government approved for Autopsy center.
- High priority to research, development and innovations.
- Fully equipped rural and urban training health centers.
- Extended RCH services through four rural public health centers of the state govt.
- Conferences, workshop & lectures on research methodology & ethics.
- Well established state of art central research laboratory with Molecular Biotechnology, Human Genetic, Biochemical Research, Immunology & stem cell Tech. labs.
- Excellent Meritorious performance in university examinations.
- The Institute strictly implements all measures as per guidelines of Honble Supreme Court of India & M.C.I to completely curb menace of ragging and to maintain zero ragging status.
- Curriculum as per MCI norms for holistic development with emphasis on community orientation
- Innovative teaching and learning methods to generate interest and raise levels of self confidence
- Fully operational MEU with trained Faculty.
People’s Hospital located in an area of 5.39 acres is associated Hospital of People’s College of Medical sciences. The constructed area is 50,641.08 Sq. mtr. The Hospital has more than 904 beds, spreading over five blocks. The hospital provides modern diagnostic and treatment facilities.
- Emergency services and trauma care are available round the clock with latest diagnostic and treatment facilities and well equipped Intensive care unit, Blood bank with Blood component facilities.
- Fully functional Emergency Medicine Department
- 40 Slice multi detector whole body C. T. Scan, 1.5 tesla M. R. I. Machine, D.S.A. & Mammography Unit along with other Hi tech investigations facilities.
- Eye Bank facilities
- Cost effective evidence based management of clinical cases
- Well equipped Disaster Management Unit
- Nutritional Rehabilitation Center
- Incinerator of 50kg/hr capacity for hospital waste management permitted by MP Pollution Control Board
- Emergency services are augmented with
- Latest diagnostic facilities
- Blood Bank with Component separation unit
- Intensive Care Unit – well equipped with monitoring & life support systems
- Dialysis Unit
Air conditioned O T Complex – housing 10 OTs
- State of art post-operative recovery unit
- Equipped for specialized surgeries
- Every Out Patient Department has its own minor OT
- Specialist senior faculty members of various disciplines attend the emergencies.
Central Pathology Laboratory
- Pathology : Hematology, Cytology, Histopathology, Clinical Pathology
- Microbiology : Bacteriology, Serology, Mycology, Parasitology, ELISA
- Biochemistry : Routine & Specialized Biochemical Investigations
Some specialized services available are Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Plastic Surgery, Paediatrics Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Psychiatry, Neonatology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Micro-Laryngeal Surgery, Facio-Maxillary Surgery, and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Certified Blood Bank & BCSU By DGHS (Drugs Section), GOI.
- Hospital Pharmacy- Certified for Sale , Stock, Exhibit, Distribution Of Drugs
- Certified for experiments on animals by GOI, Ministry of Environment and Forest (CPCSEA)
- All Radiological equipment’s and X-ray rooms certified by Division of Radiation Protection, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, GOI
- All Sonography equipments certified by competent authorities under PNDT Act
- ISO 9001 : 2008 CERTIFIED
- Awards and Felicitations at National & International Level to faculty members : 29
- Guest Lectures taken by faculty members : 87
- Best Paper/ Poster presentation awards won : 09
- Books or Chapters in Book published : 29