Shri Ram Murti Ji was a veteran freedom fighter. He was so much impressed with the speeches, the logic and the sentiments of Gandhi Ji that he courted arrest while studying in Banaras Hindu University. He took part in all satyagrahs and Quit India Movement launched by A.I.C.C. under the matured and dynamic leadership of Gandhi ji. He was jailed several times during freedom struggle and sentenced Kaal Kotri for two months. He was a true Gandhian.
He completed his primary education from Bareilly. He then graduated from BHU, Varanasi and pursued his Master & Law degree from Lucknow University. He learnt lesson of â€œNisswarth Sewaâ€ from Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya and under his guidance practiced it with utmost devotion and determination. He also served as a volunteer at Allahabad Kumbh.
Shri Ram Murti Ji was a member of U.P. Assembly from 1946 till 1977. In 1977, he represented Bareilly in the Lok Sabha. Ram Murti Ji served as a Minister in the Cabinets of Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant, Dr. Sampoornanad, Shri. C.B.Gupta & Mrs. Sucheta Kriplani for nineteen years and always worked for the development of the state and country.
To promote green revolution in India he visited several countries like USA, Japan, England and Taiwan on agricultural missions of Govt. of India.
Ram Murti Ji declined to accept the pension offered to the freedom fighters, since he was of the conviction that whatever he did for the motherland was out of patriotism and not for material gains. In pursuance of the same patriotic spirit, he donated 30 acres of agricultural land in the â€œBhoodan Movementâ€. He breathed his last on October 2, 1988 at Bareilly.
Such a great soul he was and a truly inspiring one!
Shri Ram Murti Smarak Trust, a public charitable Trust (Reg.) was established in the year 1990, to commemorate & Cherish memory of veteran freedom fighter, true Gandhian, ex-parliamentarian, ex-minister U.P., Late Ram Murti Ji.
The primary objective of the Trust is to provide and promote education and research in the field of Engineering & Technology, Medicine, Humanities, Science and Management.
The aim of SRMS Trust is the upliftment of the masses irrespective of color, caste & creed.
- by promoting Social Values – Social Services
- by promoting Technical and Professional Education
- by promoting Health & Medical Education
Social and Charitable Activities of the Trust
- Scholarship worth Rs. 3 Crores to the meritorious students.
- All India Talent Scholarship of Rs. 50 Lakhs to 50 talented students in Premier Institutes of India.
- Debate & Story Writing Since 1990
- Recognition of Eminent personalities with the Ram Murti Pratibha Alankaran Award & Rs. One Lakh in cash.
- Free Vocational Training for the under privileged youths in X-Ray, ECG Technician, Computer Hardware & Software, Machine Fitting, EPABX, Plumbing, Electrician and Nursing Assistance Course
- SRMS Hospital On Wheels for door to door Screening & Treatment of Blindness, Deafness, Diabetics, T.B., Malnutrition, Hypertension, Cancer & support services for Healthy Mother & Healthy Baby.
- SRMS Janhit Chikitsa Yojna for free treatment of six patients per day.
- Free Pharmacy, Free Cataract Eradication Program, Rural Health Camps
- Government Health Programme under NRHM (National Rural Health Mission)
- Free 400 Beds in SRMS Hospital
- SRMS Primary Health Centres
- SRMS Samudayik Swastha Yojna at Rs. 365/- per year for treatment upto Rs. 50,000/- for the couple.
- RTI Ladies Circle India SRMS Charitable School
- Community Health Education
- Campus Outreach Program
- SRMS Scientific Test Series
- Mobile Smart Class Room
- SRMS Mobile Telemedicine Bus